It is recommended that all employers consider training in moving and positioning of people as part of every new employee’s induction, or update training to keep existing employee’s skills current and up to date.
This is relevant to the care and nursing industries and if you are involved within these industries then it is advisable to have a good understanding of the latest moving and positioning of people techniques to keep you and your clients safe from harm.
We offer an onsite moving and positioning training course for care homes and medical staff that will show you the correct lifting and moving principles and training is available for group and company bookings throughout Sussex, Surrey and Kent.
- Introductory Manual Handling Training
- Manual Handling Regulations
- Guidelines in Manual Handling
- How and Why we Lift Correctly
- Manager’s Duties
- Lifting Safety, Assessing Risks
- Assessing the Individual Move
- Your Spine, Anatomy of an Injury
- When an Accident Occurs
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Moving and Positioning People
- Childcare Lifting Technique
- One Person Moving People Manually
- Non-Urgent Person Moving
- Urgent Person Moving
- Moving People with a Mechanical Device
- Walking Frames, Wheelchairs, Moving Belts
- Hoist, Sling, Rotunda
- Using Lifting Aids, Motorised Lifting Aids
We offer onsite moving people courses throughout Sussex, Surrey and Kent for care homes and nursing staff, so please contact us to discuss all your training course requirements.
This course is also ideal for home carers who are caring for a family member and are required to hold valid and up to date certification. Training is available in Brighton, Lewes, Eastbourne, Tunbridge Wells, Ringmer, Worthing, Chichester, Horsham, Hastings, Bexhill and all surrounding areas.
If you are unsure if this moving and positioning of people course is suitable for you, or you would like additional information regarding the structure and content of this course then please do not hesitate to contact us.