If you are professionally involved in working with children then you need to hold an approved childcare first aid certificate. We offer this 12 hour paediatric childcare course, which meets the requirements of Ofsted for paediatric first aid and will meet your requirements for first aid as a professional childminder.
This course is open to individual childminders, nannies, parents and nursery workers and is conducted over two days, 12 contact hours and is also ideal for mums and dads with newborn babies who would like to know first aid for children in case of an emergency.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Define responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Explain how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others
- Describe first aid and personal protection equipment required for emergencies
- Describe how to use first aid and personal protection equipment safely
- Identify what information needs to be included in an accident report/incident record
- Explain reporting procedures following an accident/incident
- Define an infant and a child for the purposes of first aid treatment
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Conduct a scene survey
- Conduct a primary survey on an infant and a child
- Identify when to call for help
- Explain what information needs to be given when obtaining assistance
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Assess the level of consciousness of an infant and a child
- Explain why an infant and a child should be placed in the recovery position
- Place an infant and a child in the recovery position
- Continually monitor an infant and a child whilst they are in the recovery position
- Assist an infant and a child who is experiencing a seizure
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Identify when to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to an unresponsive infant and an unresponsive child who is not breathing normally
- Administer CPR using an infant and a child manikin
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Identify when a foreign body airway obstruction is mild and severe
- Administer first aid to an infant and a child who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Describe the types and severity of bleeding
- Explain the effect of severe blood loss on an infant and a child
- Control external bleeding
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- Define the term ‘shock’ relevant to first aid
- Describe how to recognise an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- Explain how to manage the effects of shock
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child with anaphylaxis
- List common triggers for anaphylaxis
- Describe how to recognise anaphylaxis in an infant and a child
- Explain how to administer first aid for an infant and a child with anaphylaxis
We offer a Paediatric First Aid Course Eastbourne, Brighton, Lewes for schools, nurseries and individual childminders and small groups, please contact us to discuss all your training course requirements.
Not only do we offer training for individuals, but we also offer Onsite 12 Hour Paediatric Courses for Schools, Nurseries, Mother and Toddler Groups for group bookings and we can fit training in to suit your requirements. We cover many areas, which include Eastbourne, Brighton, Lewes, Tunbridge Wells, Ringmer, Worthing, Chichester, Horsham, Hastings, Bexhill and all surrounding areas.
Onsite Anaphylaxis Awareness training courses for schools nurseries are also available to help you understand and recognise the signs and symptoms of Anaphylactic Shock. This course can be very informative and educational and will allow you to have a greater understanding of Anaphylaxis.
If you are unsure if this course is suitable for you, or you would like additional information regarding this course then please do not hesitate to contact us.